They say the best things come in small packages, and it’s no exception when it comes to these flavour-packed, bite-sized goats cheese and cranberry tartlet which are perfect for any party gathering and super easy to make.
What recipes have you tried and can recommend? Post them in the comments below.
- 375-425g pack ready-rolled puff pastry or 500g pack ready-made pastry rolled 5mm thick
- 1 egg , beaten – not necessary
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce or a good-quality chutney
- 3 x 120g goat’s cheese logs (such as Soignon Petit Sainte-Maure), at room temperature
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- extra-virgin olive oil , for drizzling
- rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7. Lay pastry on a floured work surface. Using a round 7.5cm round pastry cutter, cut out as many circles as possible.
- Sit them on oiled baking sheets and score a circle about 2.5cm in from the edge of each disc by pressing gently with a 5cm cutter. Pierce the middle of each with a fork, brush with egg and top with a little cranberry sauce or chutney.
- Slice the cheese 5mm thick so you have a slice per disc (discard end rinds). Lay a slice on each tartlet, then top with thyme leaves, a drizzle of oil and a twist of black pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden and the pastry crispy. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm, garnished with rocket leaves.