I was a little bored of our usual mexican filling for tacos which consisted of salsa, kidney beans, quorn and sweetcorn….so wanted to try something different. I came across the following recipe which used black beans and roasted corn that was was easy to make and tasted good….
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup sweet corn
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 6-inch tortillas or tacos
- Salad chopped finely
- Chopped onions
- Sour Cream
1. Mix the beans, salsa, garlic, and 1 tsp. cumin to a simmer in saucepan. Reduce the heat to low, and cook until soft. Remove and mash with fork to crush the beans.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil. Add the corn to pan in a single layer, and sprinkle with cumin powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Cook 5 to 10 minutes until golden and crispy, stirring frequently.
3. Bake the tacos or tortillas in the toaster until crisp. Fill each one with 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 cup corn, salad and onoins. Top each taco with cheese, sour cream and guacamole.
Enjoy this quick and easy dinner!