It’s been a while since we’ve been somewhere nice to eat but December has been full of fancy dining; First up: a recent client team dinner at Spice Kitchen at the W Hotel – it was a great night – from the superb and attentive service to the delicious food with a vegetarian menu.
It’d be perfect for a meal with friends, colleagues or a romantic night for two.
The Spice Kitchen has a ground floor cocktail bar and restaurant upstairs via a winding staircase. It’s quite contemporary yet traditional with dark browns and gold hues amongst mood lighting, lounge music and a wall of spices. We started off with cocktails and wine – the Malbec was to die for before heading to a booth-style table. This was perfect for the eight of us as we could all be near enough to speak and listen to each other!
The food was gorgeous!! South East Asian street food presented beautifully in lots of sharing plates. Each mouthful sublime. At £28 per person we tried the tasting menu – two of us had the vegetarian one and the rest went for the normal one.
- Avocado Summer Roll, Sriracha Emulsion
- Fragrant Mushroom Egg Roll and Galangal Emulsion – deliciously tasty
- Vietnamese Vegetable Soup – not nice at all
- Charred Pineapple and Lime Market Green Salad with Radish Cherry Tomatoes, Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
- Wok Charred Carrot Cake Chili Bean Sauce
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Pad Thai – I added this as it wasn’t on the tasting menu and so glad I did….best pad thai I’ve ever had and it had a whole fried egg on top!
Dessert was amazing: Ovaltine Kulfi Banana Brulée Spiced Milk Chocolate Sauce – it was the perfect finish to the meal.
The tasting menu was the best choice for a first visit, slightly smaller portions of a large range of dishes, allowing us to try something from each section of the menu. Great sushi, tapas style starters with a modern twist. The main was Thai inspired with the best pad-thai ever.
At the end of the meal we were stuffed and extremely satisfied. It’s more expensive restaurant than those in China town but worth it!