As a lover of all Japanese food and the fact that it was next to my clients office, Roka seemed like a perfect spot for a business lunch. I have to admit it’s one of the best restaurants I’ve been to in a long time and I can’t wait to go back
The food was absolutely divine, we had a selection of dishes which were all beyond fantastic. The service to second to none and I liked the design and style of the venue….the layout of the restaurant is one whereby the food is at the centre. The grill is located bang in the middle and it is possible to sit around it and observe the chefs at work. We opted for a table.
My colleague ordered a variety of dishes including several vegetarian options:
- Prawn and vegetable tempura with dips
- Various maki including mushroom ones
- Soy glazed tofu – blocks of firm-on-the-inside, but crispy-on-the-outside tofu with crispy garlic crisps on a sea of soy.
- Asparagus with sweet soy and sesame dressing
- Rice hotpot made in a casserole pot of glutinous rice and chicken – they did a veg version
- Softshell crab with roasted chilli dressing
- Chicken skewers with spring onions
Food-wise Roka delivered more than I expected. Flavours were pleasant and ingredients fresh. I loved it and can’t wait to back for a special occasion!